Get to Know us as an Inquirer
(Maximum of 3 months)
- Attend orientation presentations to catch up on our history, decision-making process and budget.
- Attend Business Meetings and social events.
- Explore this website!
- Learn more about cohousing by visiting www.cohousing.org.
- Learn more about Wake Cohousing’s Vision and Values.
- Let us know what questions you have. Email us at email@example.com
- Start to better understand if this is financially feasible.
- After a maximum of three months, Explorer status would be your next step.
Become an Explorer
After spending time learning more about cohousing and our community, we encourage you to consider becoming an Explorer with us!
For a $250 fee, take a small step towards joining our community.
- Become involved, participate in business and planning meetings (as a non-voting guest)
- Learn about budgets, financial commitments, timelines, etc.
- Work with us to explore, refine and advance our plans for the community
- The Explorer process is intended to allow an individual or couple to become involved so that they can determine if they want to become a Member
- The Explorer Fee of $250 (per 3-month period) is non-refundable, but will be credited toward Membership. Explorers can extend this period one additional 3 month period.
- At present, the Explorer status will last up to six months. Once we have a contract to purchase land or have made other significant progress, that term may change.
Benefits of Joining Now
Become an Explorer and dig deeper. This will give you the opportunity to become involved, get to know the group and see how we work together.
Joining now brings these advantages:
- Influence the direction of the project: work with us to explore, refine and advance our plans for the community.
- Be ready to advance to full membership in time to have a say during site, common house and individual home design conversations with our architect.
Become a Member
Do you want to help design your future community? Do you want to be among its visionaries and decision-makers? Members will decide the legal and governance structures for our community, participate in site selection, design, and determination of amenities for the final project. To qualify for membership, you’ll need to first be an Explorer for at least 3 months. To learn more about membership, you may wish to attend an Orientation session.